Wednesday, August 11, 2010

State of the Temple Address 4

Hey gang! I'm just swinging by for a few minutes to let you know that I have a bunch of partially finished posts that will hopefully be ready to go live by the weekend. At the moment I'm preparing to record the audio commentary for Synapse Films' massive trailer compilation 42ND STREET FOREVER: THE BLU-RAY, which runs a staggering 3 hours and 40 minutes and will hopefully be available for purchase by February 2011. Most of the track will be recorded this weekend.

I'm also wrapped up in several TV and film projects that unfortunately I can't discuss, but Fangoria ran an article last week about WHY WON'T VALERIE DIE?, a nearly 40-year-old screenplay by William Grefe and Gary Crutcher that I recently rewrote, and you can read all about that HERE.  I also got a terrific 45-minute interview with Lou Arkoff last week for the Jack Starrett book.

OK, back to work. See you in a few days!

-- Chris Poggiali

4 comments:

Marty McKee said...

Hi, Chris, are these trailers already seen on previous 42ND STREET collections?

Temple of Schlock said...

The first two volumes didn't have audio commentaries, so we've pulled the best trailers from Volumes 1 & 2 and added a bunch of others that are new to the series.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Three and a half hours of trailers on blu-ray with commentary? I might have to get a player.

Is anyone else doing commentary with you, or are you soloing it?

Temple of Schlock said...

I'll be joined by Edwin Samuelson (AVManiacs.com) and Michael Gingold (managing editor of Fangoria), so it'll be the same team that did Volumes 3 & 4 on DVD.