Sunday, February 14, 2016

Movie Ad of the Week: THE DOORS MOVIE w/ THE BEST OF 60's ROCK (1982)



It's been many, many weeks since our last Movie Ad of the Week, so let's dig up a real curio for this return to form. In the tradition of THE BEATLES MEET STAR TREK, THE WORLD SERIES OF ROCK and other questionable rock compilations that played the midnight movie circuit during the late '70s and early '80s, a double bill of THE DOORS MOVIE and THE BEST OF '60s ROCK opened at the Willowbrook Cinema 4 in Wayne, NJ on April 9, 1982.

1 comment:

Mark Lansing said...

I'm wondering if THE DOORS MOVIE might be THE DOORS ARE OPEN, a documentary made for British television in 1968 that includes a lot of footage of the band onstage at the Roundhouse in London along with interviews with the group and images reflecting the tumult of the times. I saw it when I was in college back in the Bronze Age of 1979, and while I'm not a huge fan of the band, it's a better representation of them than I've ever seen on screen. My only other guess would be the group's own documentary, FEAST OF FRIENDS, but that's never been in especially wide circulation, while the screening I saw in 1978 suggests THE DOOR ARE OPEN was certainly making the rounds in the U.S.